Sunday, June 17, 2012

Newfound and Nifty + Sunday Confessions 6.17.12

First off, I have to pay my dues and give a shout out to the most amazing man in my life. 

My Dad. 



He has done so much for me in the almost 21 years I've been around, I can't even express my gratitude. He is the reason I love sports and especially basketball. He is the reason I can ride a bike and drive a car. He has pushed me to become the best that I can be and he has loved me through every up and down. I don't know what I would do with out his influence in my life and I am so thankful to be able to spend the day with him!

Love you Dad!


Inspiration: 

"Love isn't something that's just tossed around between lost and found."




Charly always makes me cry, and for those of you who know me, I don't cry often. So of course when I had to come home early from church with my little sister who isn't feeling well, it was my Sunday movie of choice. Someday I'll find a man who will love me as much as Sam loved her and would ride with me for hours on a ferris wheel. 



Tunes:

No matter how many times I hear this song, I still turn it up loud and sing along at the top of my lungs when it comes on the radio. There is a reason it is still #1 on iTunes! Also, the music video is horribly funny, just wait until the end!


I also can't help but love all the memes that have surfaced because of this song!




Obsession:

Fonts. 



I am totally a font nerd. 

My Font Book is organized by type and I use it often. 

Helvetica, Comic Sans, and Papyrus are my worst nightmares. 


Projects: 

I honestly don't have any right now. Sad days. But my mind is bursting with ideas like refashioned men's shirts, t-shirt make-overs, a new patchwork purse and a color blocked pencil skirt just to name a few!

Sunday Confessions:





I'm linking up again with Alyx over at Every Day is a New Adventure!

1: Sometimes my cat Maggie is my very best friend. She will cuddle without questions, demand my attention 24/7 and listen without interrupting. If only I could find a man who was just as dedicated. ;)

2: I have a bad habit of buying fabric and patterns...and then never doing anything with them. Boy do I need to get on it before I become a little old lady pushed out of her own room by her fabric collection!

3: I have seen all three High School Musicals more times than I can count and have most of the songs memorized. And to all of those who were discussing it at FHE last week, you know you secretly like some of the songs too and stayed up to watch the first one when it first aired on Disney Channel. Just admit it. :)

4: I really don't like baseball. I went to my first game in years last Monday and ended up talking through the entire game and leaving early to go get non-ridiculously priced food. Call me unAmerican, but I just don't see the draw of a bunch of guys occasionally running around in a circle. On the plus side the peanuts were good!

5: I'm really wantin' me some summer lovin'. If only so I could sing the song from Grease with my roomies!


Well there you have it folks. That's all for me today! Here's hoping the next week will be a little less hectic and some real blogging and project doing can get done. Until next time!


xoxo
C.R.M.

5 comments:

  1. Hahha, oh high school musical.
    I'm not a huge fan of baseball, either, so you're not alone. :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we now have 5 different baseball teams in this house...so even if I don't like baseball...I am kind of stuck with watching it..
    You wrote a beautiful tribute to your dad!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for becoming my newest follower! I am trying to find ways to get more, so every person counts :) And I just joined yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CALL ME MAYBE IS THE WORST SONG EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember his name, but that dude with the song lyrics is my most favorite internet meme EVER.

    ReplyDelete