Friday, June 29, 2012

Emoticons

It is rather amazing how many emotions one can go through in a single day. For some reason today has been rather eclectic in its collection of thoughts and feelings. I blame Aunt Flo's monthly visit.

The day began rather glumly...

:( Waking up lonely is never a good feeling. Especially after falling asleep lonely listening to your go-to  feel sad song. {Currently mine is Come Wake Me Up by Rascal Flatts. It's wonderfully sad.} We all have them, and even though we know how they will make us feel at 11 o'clock at night all alone in our apartments. But we listen to them anyways. Over and over again.

:/ The day got a little better when I realized I had a cute outfit to wear and I got free Papa Johns pizza for lunch from work. It's greasy goodness all but canceled out my 4 straight nights of ultimate frisbee. But oh was it worth it. I'm pretty sure I sometimes scare all the warehouse guys with my ability to tuck it away at our weekly Friday lunches.

>:( Listening to angry people on the phone makes me angry. NO the company I work for is not personally trying to make your life a living heck. But you are making mine one right now. Thanks.

:) I got out of work a bit late, but after filling up with gas I headed to a retreat for a group I am a part of through the LDS institute up here in SLC. It was a bit of a drive, but it was nice to just put pedal to the medal and let off some steam. When I got to the house we were having this little get together at, my smile grew even larger. The yard was GORGEOUS. It wound and wound with a sport court, hammock area, fire pit, trees, a fountain etc etc. All I can say is I want a cool yard someday that my kids can explore to their hearts content...Ok, I admit it. I really want it so I can explore it to my hearts content!

;) I am so grateful for the people I get to work with in LDSSA (Later Day Saint Student Association). Going to this retreat tonight was exactly what I needed to raise my mood. There was good food, spiritual nourishment, and more laughter than I've had in a long time. Even coming home smelling like campfire was alright by me.

:D For some reason by the time I got in my car to drive home after the retreat, I was feeling sky high. There is just something about driving on the freeway at night with the windows down, music blasting, and the city lights surrounding me that always gets to me. I sat in my car and realized that I don't need to let anyone bring me down. I don't have to do things I don't want to do just because someone who doesn't want me will be there. I can decide how to live and how everything affects me. Maybe it won't be easy, heck I know it won't, but will it make you happier in the end? Probably. Will you be happier for because of it? Most definitely. Will I regret ending my day listening to Brian Regan's All By Myself CD? Not one little bit.

xoxo
C.R.M.


1 comment:

  1. haha I feel you! I still can't control the emotional roller coaster that is Aunt Flo. My poor future hubby... If you ever need another good sad song. "Holding out for a Hero" cover version by... mmmm ella something? search on youtube for holding out for a hero footloose version and I'm sure you'll find it. (p.s. that movie was scummy, I do NOT recommend it, Chell and I had our eyes and ears closed for a good chunk of the movie.. should have walked out of that one.)

    ReplyDelete