Thursday, May 24, 2012

Newfound and Nifty

So I realize there has only been one post between last weeks "Newfound and Nifty" and this weeks...but what can I say? The job hunt has taken up most of my time and honestly nothing very exciting has been happening around these parts for awhile now. I guess it might be time to shake things up a bit. :)

But until then, here are some musings for your enjoyment!

Inspiration:



A bunch of blogs that I love got together and had a Button Up Refashion Swap event. I got so many great ideas on how to refashion old guy's button up shirts that I had to make a DI run to snatch some up to cut apart. Seeing as how my laundry bag is full to overflowing and my newly thrifted shirts are somewhere at the bottom being squished into little shirt pancakes, I have yet to actually go through with any of my ideas...but soon. Very soon. 


{I really want to try this one, but first I need some fabric paint!}


{This one is is also adorable. I'm in love with the peplum on the bottom and the light teal dye...it really needs to be time for me to get over my fabric dye phobia...}

And look at how awesome this shirt is that found I at the DownEast Outfitters Outlet store? I'm so excited to make it into something wearable! {Though part of me would love to give it to a guy and actually make him wear it in public. ;) }


{Gotta love the white accents.} 


{And yes, those aren't polka-dots. They're stars. Oh yeah. Can you say red skinny jeans and Fourth of July?}

Tunes: 

Now that summertime is in full swing, I can't help but love any song that keeps me rockin' in my car with the windows down and the wind tangling my hair. {I am totally a windows girl. I'll take all the windows down over air conditioning any day...okay, maybe not a day that's ranging in the 100's. I owe my obsession with wind tossed rides to my first car in high school: Screech. He didn't have airconditioning, so it was windows ALL the time. No matter what. Now it's just stuck!}


{I've loved this song since the first time I heard it last summer. Definitely my summer anthem!}


{One of my good friends introduced me to this song awhile back and I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it since. Really hits home if you know what I mean.}


{I had totally forgotten about this song until my little brother put it on our Brother/Sister Roadtrip CD last week. Amazingly enough I still remembered all the words and of course still love Maroon 5.}

Obsession: 

I have come to find that everyone seems to be obsessed with sushi. I tried real sushi for the first time last week and took the plunge headfirst-none of this California Roll for first time goers for me! I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, but I still don't really see the obsession. It was good, but I doubt I will ever crave it and HAVE to have it. But just to prove my "everyone is obsessed" theory, I was invited to go get some again after playing ultimate frisbee last night. Apparently Utahan's like their sushi!


Projects:

Today my goal is to actually start working on some of the sewing projects that are beginning to spill out from their bags/boxes under my bed. I think my first item of business is going to be refashioning this little gem of a dress. I found it {once again} at the DownEast Outlet for $2.50. Unfortunately it is a size 6 {I don't remember the last time I was a size 6...if I ever was...} and the zipper is completely shot. So why did I buy it you might ask? It sounds completely useless and not worth the $2.50 that could have been used for two Redbox movies instead. I have one word for you:

Elephants. 


Yes. This dress is made with elephant fabric. I couldn't resist. I have great plans of making it into a skirt with a black button placket insert in the front. Hopefully pictures of that refashion will be headed your way soon! 



{It really is too bad the dress is too small and broken because it's cute the way it is-paired with a cardigan of course. But alas. I will just have to work my magic!}

In the meantime, enjoy your summer, live life and don't let the little moments of happiness escape from you. I've found that even though the past few months have been stressful and emotionally draining and the last few weeks on the job hunt have been frustrating and unfruitful, I have a great life and have so much to be thankful for. So take a step back and just enjoy life every once in awhile! Let all the stress slide off your shoulders and enjoy a sunset or the sound of rain on the pavement or birds chirping in the tress. I promise it will do you some good! 

Till next time...

xoxo
C.R.M.




No comments:

Post a Comment