As we were running out the door to make it to the afternoon session of the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at the Conference Center, the voice and words of Henry B. Eyring were floating through the house. What an amazing talk that I will watch/read again and again.
Coming home for conference is always a great opportunity to focus on what the spirit can teach me, eat good food and spend time laughing and joking with my family. Some of the highlights:
- Celebrating getting into the Graphic Design program at the UofU by going to lunch at Texas Roadhouse (I can't tell you how excited I am to finally know what the next few years of my life will hold!)
- Coconut Creme filled Doves: AMAZING
- Late night movies (Charlie St. Cloud and Johnny English: Reborn)
- Seeing my little brother and his date off to Preference (made me miss high school dances big time)
- The Muppets Movie (This song is so great)
- Seeing all the amazing spring flowers on Temple Square
- Getting to be in the spirit filled Conference Center for the afternoon session and getting an upgrade on our seats
- Going to City Creek with the girls while the men were at Priesthood session
- Best sign asking for money I have ever seen: "Brother kidnapped by squirrels-need money for nuts and booby traps"
- Buying a blazer that makes me look super skinny
- Watching the musical numbers from Priesthood session so I could point out all my guy friends who were in the choir (they sounded amazing btw)
- Getting to sleep in my huge queen sized bed
- Snuggling with my kitty
There really is no place like home!