Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Favorite Kind of Weekend


As we were running out the door to make it to the afternoon session of the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at the Conference Center, the voice and words of Henry B. Eyring were floating through the house. What an amazing talk that I will watch/read again and again.

Coming home for conference is always a great opportunity to focus on what the spirit can teach me, eat good food and spend time laughing and joking with my family. Some of the highlights:


  • Celebrating getting into the Graphic Design program at the UofU by going to lunch at Texas Roadhouse (I can't tell you how excited I am to finally know what the next few years of my life will hold!)
  • Coconut Creme filled Doves: AMAZING
  • Late night movies (Charlie St. Cloud and Johnny English: Reborn)
  • Seeing my little brother and his date off to Preference (made me miss high school dances big time)
  • The Muppets Movie (This song is so great)

  • Seeing all the amazing spring flowers on Temple Square
  • Getting to be in the spirit filled Conference Center for the afternoon session and getting an upgrade on our seats 
  • Going to City Creek with the girls while the men were at Priesthood session
  • Best sign asking for money I have ever seen: "Brother kidnapped by squirrels-need money for nuts and booby traps"
  • Buying a blazer that makes me look super skinny
  • Watching the musical numbers from Priesthood session so I could point out all my guy friends who were in the choir (they sounded amazing btw)
  • Getting to sleep in my huge queen sized bed 
  • Snuggling with my kitty
There really is no place like home!

xoxo
CRM

No comments:

Post a Comment