Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wasting Time

My roommate has done me the diservice of getting me addicted to this show...





Gilmore Girls.

Why is this a diservice you might ask? Well, with finals right around the corner, I should be studying about how to keep my non-existant relationships stable for my Strengthening Families class or be putting together the case study for my Nutrition and Women's Health class instead of being riveted to the next twist or turn in the lives of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore.

I think my favorite part about starting season one so long after its air date is the decade of changes in fashion, music and the world that have taken place between then and now. Gotta love the 2000's short shirts, bandanas and the social references or quips I would have to look up to understand!

My other favorite part about starting to watch this show? My little brother and I use to turn it on when we were at hotels or doctors offices when we had nothing to do, turn off the sound and make up our own dialoge. I can't wait until I get to the episode I distinctly remember us dubbing over. I believe there was mention of Lorelai's boyfriend actually being interested in her daughter or something overly dramatic like that in our version of the script. ;) Guess I'll just have to keep watching and see!

Pass the chocolate covered cinnamon bears!

CRM
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment