Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Extravaganza!

Well it's been almost a week since my party last Friday and I am finally getting around to posting the results. I must admit I was amazed at the outcome. The changed location ended up being perfect, I had amazing helpers to set up and take down, the food was all eaten, and I think everyone had a great time. It just goes to show that even when everything looks like it's going to crash and burn, it really can work out in the end. 

Ok, on the fun part! The pictures :)


Here was my outfit for the night. I was hoping to make something new for the party, but time ran away from me and I had to scrounge through my closet to find something that I hadn't worn for awhile

Dress: Down East Basics (old), Belt: Wow, I can't even remember!, Shoes: Forever Young Shoes (old, like 8th grade old), Tights: JCP, Necklace: Gift from China, Lips: Sephora Lipstain

I was happy it turned out as well as it did for a very last minute holiday ensemble! 


The dessert table: definitely the favorite spot to mingle all night. 


The cute banner I made to add a little sparkle. A party just isn't the same without a banner! :)


The cute tree decoration I made using this tutorial. 



Hot Chocolate Station (Note to self: A small thing of Steven's would have been PLENTY.)


I think I ate more of these throughout the night then I did cookies!



I love these bowl pedestals! So much classier than just sitting the bowl on the table. 

Quick D.I.Y. tip: 

1: Buy a cute bowl or platter

2: Buy a glass candle stick (often on sale at Hobby Lobby)

3: Wash bowl/platter

4: Hot glue or super glue (I like to use the glue brand "Goop") the candle stick to the bowl/platter and "Ta Da!" you have an amazing platter your friends will want to take home with them it's so cute!


I had a bunch of leftover felt from making the first cute tree (they just took too long to make a ton of them), so my mom and I made up this cute decoration that was a TON faster. A step by step tutorial on this one will be coming soon!


We tried to dress up the walls as well as we could with some beads and twinkle lights. 


I stole the ever popular photo booth idea and it was a hit!


What can I say? I love a good fake mustache and top hat! (Also, props to Camilla who is pictured above for doing my hair for the night! She is amazing!)



In the end the party was a great success and even though it caused me much stress and loss of sleep, I'm glad I was able to pull it off and might even consider doing it again next year...maybe...


Or maybe it would just make me look like this again ;)


xoxo
C.R.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment